23 February 2013

Blitz Tactics

This weekend is the 21st annual Dave Collyer Memorial chess tournament. IM John Donaldson is the top participant, and should win easily. As far as I know, there are no other masters and only one expert registered. It does appear, however, that half of the rest are A-Class players. Last year I was the twelfth seed and finished second in the event. My rating is much higher this year.

While I am taking care of business in the first two rounds, readers of this blog can entertain themselves through some easy blitz tactics from yesterday's warm-up games.

Black to move

I was Black and found the correct move.

Black to move

I was White and my opponent threw the game away in this position.

White to move

I was Black, and my opponent blundered with 43.Rxe5.

No comments:

Post a Comment